We help musicians and dancers
Musicians and dancers injuries require very specific interventions, very much due to their specific, often repeated actions. 2will physiotherapy is the official provider of physiotherapy & injuries management for Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra and has been involved in rehabilitation of numerous dancers (thanks to Francis' extensive training in Pilates).
Our blend of knowledge that spans from chronic pain to sports injuries & rehabilitation, to the technical aspects of instruments and dance allow us to treat musicians and dancers most effectively. School of Music in Auckland University also seeks our expertise for lectures involving medical and music students regarding injury prevention and management of musicians.
If you are a musician and experiencing:
- Pain associated with playing your instrument (or singing), especially hand, wrist, elbow, shoulders, headache, lower back, tingling or numbness etc.
- No matter how much you try you just can’t perform certain technique or phrase/passage of music.
- Feeling tense or stiff from practice (or performance) and you’d like some hands-on work done to "loosen you up".
- Wanting to know more about biomechanics that are involved in playing your instrument, and find whether your practice methods could be improved. (We understand the concept of “practice does not make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect”)
- Questions on exercises that could work on your fitness to benefit your musicianship (musicians of course have different requirements from average sportsperson.)
And if you're a dancer and:
- Just suffered an injury of any kind
- Experiencing persisting pain, especially of the hip, spine, knees or feet
- Wanting to do some "conditioning" exercises or improve flexibility
- Wanting to improve on execution of certain techniques or wanting to explore about your own biomechanics