We achieve effective and accessible provision of the pain management for primary care by:
- being evidence-driven, with constant integration of the past and current literature on pain into our treatment system
- giving thorough continuing education of the condition to the patients
- providing a place where they can consistently turn up, exercise safely, be motivated and be guided
We coordinate effective and accessible provision of the pain management for primary care by:
- a clear differential diagnosis process
- having a clinical knowledge on current approach in pain intervention by NSAIDs/analgesia/adjuvants which allows us to have clear expectations and fallback plans
- prompt referrals and communications to other health professionals when needed
Type of patient who will benefit the most from our services are:
- persistent or chronic pain of musculoskeletal / neuropathic / nociplastic (dysfunctional) or non-specific in nature
- those who have just been discharged from the DHB Pain Team
- those who don’t meet urgent criteria for DHB Pain Team and is on the waiting list
- elderlies who need to work on general fitness or conditioning
- post surgical pain
We have often found that those with chronic pain or complex injuries “give up on themselves” due to lack of provision of pain services that primary care has in place. Health professionals end up saying something along the line of “there’s not a lot we can do and you have to learn to live with it”.
Often all they need is a place where they can consistently turn up, exercise safely, be motivated and be guided.
2will physiotherapy & pain management clinic is where they can do that, so they will indeed learn to live well regardless of whatever condition or history they have. Please click here to see examples of our work.