During the physiotherapy career of nearly 20 yrs Francis' career he has grown a great passion for helping people with chronic pain and this has prompted him to develop clinical and business models that effectively put together the scientific literatures of various disciplines - neurophysiology, cognitive-affective-behavioural, exercise science and of course physiotherapy.
He also has intimate knowledge in musicians' injuries (he was also studying Bachelor of Music in Melbourne University for some time), and along with his passion for teaching, has accumulated various roles and responsibilities.
As well as being the director of 2will physiotherapy since 2010, Francis is:
- An international lecturer with Advanced Physiotherapy Practice Institute
- Final year clinical supervisor for AUT physiotherapy students
- Official physiotherapist for Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra (APO)
- Guest lecturer at Auckland School of Music
- Completing PostGrad Diploma in chronic pain management and beginning Masters 2021.
In his spare time he loves mountainbiking, crossfit/weight training, and playing music on his guitar or piano if he is not spending time with his two daughters. He is also a founding trustee of Harbour Montessori College.
Francis Joung completed his Bachelor of Physiotherapy in 2001 in Otago University. During his first half of the career he completed certifications with
- NZ Manipulative Association courses for spine and periphery (2002-2004)
- Mckenzie therapy A,B,C,D
- Trigger point dry needling (Melbourne)
- Advanced level Clinical Pilates with Back in Motion (NZ)
- Level 1-4 Clinical Pilates with DMA (Dance Medicine Australia) Physiotherapy, Melbourne.