During the physiotherapy career of nearly 20 yrs Francis' career he has grown a great passion for helping people with chronic pain and this has prompted him to develop clinical and business models that effectively put together the scientific literatures of various disciplines - neurophysiology, cognitive-affective-behavioural esp of Accentance and Commitment Therapy, exercise science and physiotherapy.
He also has intimate knowledge in musicians' injuries (he was also studying Bachelor of Music in Melbourne University for some time), and along with his passion for teaching, has accumulated various roles and responsibilities.
As well as being the director of 2will physiotherapy since 2010, Francis is:
- An international lecturer with Advanced Physiotherapy Practice Institute
- Clinical supervisor for the final year students of Auckland University of Technology School of Physiotherapy
- Official physiotherapist for Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra (APO) and Kings College Conservatorium of Music
- Guest lecturer at Auckland University School of Music
- Completing PostGrad Diploma in chronic pain management and beginning Masters 2021.
- A trained practitioner of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, a form of Cognitive Behaviour Management / psychotherapy. Also currently undergoing training in management anxiety and depression.
In his spare time he loves mountainbiking, crossfit/weight training, and playing music on his guitar or piano if he is not spending time with his two daughters or baking sourdough. He is also a founding trustee of Harbour Montessori College.
Francis Joung completed his Bachelor of Physiotherapy in 2001 in Otago University. During his career he has also completed certifications and training with
- NZ Manipulative Association courses for spine and periphery (2002-2004)
- Mckenzie therapy A,B,C,D
- Trigger point dry needling (Melbourne)
- Advanced level Clinical Pilates with Back in Motion (NZ)
- Advanced level Clinical Pilates with DMA (Dance Medicine Australia) Physiotherapy, Melbourne.
- 100 Level Yoga instructor in Transformational Yoga
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy